Apr 4, 2009

PCLinuxOS 2009 - KDE Edition :Linux 2u

Written by Sanjay Prasad
I always prefer KDE to Gnome I don't know why. It should be I like the software salection and looks and I thing you have more freedom to using gnome. PCLinuxOS is one of my favorite distro as it has everything that a OS must have, Security to rich multimedia experiance.

Highlights of PCLinuxOS 2009.1:

· Linux kernel 2.6.26.8.tex3
· KDE 3.5.10
· GNOME 2.24.3
· OpenOffice.org 3.0.0
· Mozilla Firefox 3.0.7 web browser
· Mozilla Thunderbird 2.0.0.14 email client
· Ktorrent 2.2.26
· Frostwire P2P (peer-to-peer) client
· Amarok 1.4.10
· Kaffeine 0.8.7
· Adobe Flash Player
· Sun's Java Runtime Environment
· 3D effects with Compiz Fusion


My Test Machine:
AMD64 3000+ Processor
MSI Motherboard
512 DDR II Ram
ESPON C 58 Printer
Samsung Monitor
Installation/Setup:Installation is as usual smooth except my printer Epson C58 not detected. You can see nice looking Boot Screen

I am not pleased with its dead looking background and blue panel. You can See below and guess it is below our expectation to PCLinuxOS community.


Splash screen as usual best and brand new.

The only issue that I’ve encountered so far while using PCLOS 2009 is when the system froze while I opened the Font Installer. I had to do a hard reset, but after that I’ve never encountered the same problem again.

Conclusion:
Another outstanding release after a long period. I'll prefer you give try to this distro then you know its worthiness.

My Rating : 4/5


1 comment:

  1. Additional to the manufacturer’s claimed and tested benefits, some users have reported that wearing MBT shoes sale can be an effective treatment for cellulite. MBT Sale footwear is possibly not the most elegant available on the market.

    ReplyDelete